Oct 18, 2009

About Armelle

What to say about me…?

I woke up to the realization that there must be something more ten years ago when my 13 months old son died, in four days from a meningitis. I started to think that Life cannot just be that! It was the beginning of my conscious quest. I opened up to self-help books, seminars, therapy (I think I’ve tried almost everything!) to fill the whole and lack of meaning my life was having. I became a therapist, first reflexology and chinese medicine, then reiki, and at last I was practicing shamanism.  And this is through this and the different stages of openings that I lived the biggest part of this search for answer. But still not really knowing what I was looking for.

On this way, after a very difficult relationship, I lived another wake up call, and changed my life, once more. I started to travel a lot by myself, mainly in Canada, looking for more connection with nature and living my passion of photography. Those travels taught me a lot in trusting my inner guide, and that the world is not as dangerous as I had been told, that this is a reflection of my state of mind. I met a shaman who helped me to open up more to the Spirit in me and trusting deeper in what I was feeling guided to do and how to practice and share that gift.

I lived for one year in the province of Quebec, during which I’ve been offered the “Disappearance of the Universe” by a friend who was surprised to hear me talking so openly about my inner light. Once again it blew my whole world up, in a deeper way yet. I felt immediately that resonance and knew that Jesus wasn’t the one that I’ve been taught at church, being a little girl. I experienced several mystical experiences as reading, which brought me to buy the book “A Course in Miracle”. But that was too much for me at that time, so I left it on the side for four months, until I came back living in Belgium (where I come from) and felt the call to join a Course group.

Two months later, the meeting that would definitely change my life happened with David Hoffmeister and Helena who came in Belgium for a three-day intimate retreat. On the way to go, the first day, I felt that I’ll be going to their Peace House in September and joining with them in a deeper way. I had never met them yet, just heard a bit about them. When Helena came in the room, I saw, not with my eyes, that it was what I had been looking for all my life. I didn’t know what it was, but I knew that was it, and would be my life starting then.

I, indeed, went living at their foundation for around two months in September of 2009, got married there with Erik Archbold, following and trusting fully the guidance I was receiving to be married with him within 15 days, even if we never met. It came after having shared with him another guidance of going on a world tour together, sharing his music and the dance I had received from the Spirit several weeks before, to which he had agreed joyfully. We never met but heard about each other through our friends from the foundation. Erik had also left his old life behind following his Calling to share the music, living in Divine Providence, applying the principles of the Course in daily life.

We took that leap of faith together in October 2009 and have been travelling to several countries since then sharing our experience, as well as the music and the dance, through gatherings, workshops, and a longer retreat as well. We go wherever we are invited and where there is a deep call to go deeper in the awakening to the Truth, and remembering Who We Are.

We live with two guidelines, no private thoughts and no people pleasing, that we share as a powerful tool to undo what we thought we were. An important part of my path until now has been fastened with those, with the willingness of being transparent, as well as with the regular practice of the Inner Dance and allowing all the feelings to come up.

And I feel now very guided to pass it along, to share and offer that to whoever feels the call to join with me.

The more I awaken to the Truth of Who We Are, the more I realize that it has always been there, that I had had so many moments, so many experiences starting as a little girl where it was shown to me that the world wasn’t what we think, that I wasn’t this body, that I was so much more.

During all my life I remember having those experiences mostly while sleeping, where the body was changing form, becoming smaller, taller, bigger, or tinier and it didn’t seem to be me at all. I’ve always been scared of that, but never talked about it to anyone. I didn’t know what it was. I just realized several years ago when I lived that again that it has always been shown to me, and now I wasn’t scared anymore, I could understand what it was. I also often woke up, not knowing if I was dreaming or not, or if I was in my dream or awake. When I was driving, I often didn’t know how I came where I was, for it felt I hadn’t been seeing the road, neither the time that had passed. I could make a nap for 15 minutes and having the impression of having slept for hours, or sometimes days! When my son died I didn’t know anything about all that and was even angry at God, but I felt so carried, such a strength that wasn’t coming from me, something deep was taking over. And I think there have been a lot like that, as I’m sure that we all have had, we are just not aware of it, because nobody talks about that, most people don’t know about that…

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to read this about you Armelle. I see your heart opened. We don't have to find a perfect partner but a partner to grow with in a healthy dynamic with common goals and especially playing the game of unconditional conscious love, beginning with ourselves.
    I've been familiar with the course in Miracles, which I studied since 15 years ago in the Unity Church in Costa Rica. It's funny that we didn't have the time to talk about it.
    So you were ready to embark in this stage of your inner journey.
    I'm happy for you and hope to see you sometime and maybe share a seminar of something like that.

    Mario Quesada from Montreal.

    ReplyDelete