Dec 18, 2009

Inner Dance

Armelle: It's now been three years that I've been regularly practicing dance. I've practiced several different types of dance, all of them based on self-expression where you let the body move without trying to control the movements. Some examples of this type of dance are Biodanza, 5 Rhythms Dance, Authentic Movement, etc.. Through the dance, I've had many experiences, and it has been a way of revealing myself to myself more and more.

In June of this year, I met David Hoffmeister and his partner Helena at a retreat in Belgium, and this meeting opened my heart so wide. I recognized the Love that they extend as something I'd known forever and that I'd been looking for. Being and sharing with them made me feel like I was at Home. It was a hugely powerful experience for me.

The retreat opened up a new part of myself. On the last day of the retreat, David asked me to facilitate something with the dance for the other participants of the workshop, which I did. And during that experience, I had a vision that I would soon create, or rather, would receive through inspiration, a new type of dance to share which would be a sort of "meditation dance". It felt clear that this vision would come true, and yet at the time, I had no clue about how or when. I chose not to be concerned with that though, and to simply follow my heart, trusting that all would be revealed in time, if it was meant to be.

In August, at a devotional retreat in Canada organized by the Messengers of Peace, I was once again invited to facilitate another dance session. I took this as a sign that the dance was definitely meant to be a part of my path. Then, in September when I came to Cincinatti, I also shared with David how much I felt inspired to dance, and he continually encouraged me to do so.

For several days, I felt strong guidance to spend time dancing, but for some reason I resisted this guidance. Finally one morning, I surrendered and ended up spending more than an hour dancing in the garage.

The experience I had that morning was incredible. I felt like I was in total communion with the Spirit; like there was no barriers, blocks, or limitations to experiencing Who I Am in truth. It was unlike anything I had experienced before. I really felt like I wasn't the one moving the body. Rather, it felt totally inspired. It was a dance of total release and connection with the Spirit. He was leading; I was merely following. I felt so connected and so quiet, and for a while the flow of thought simply stopped. It was like the deepest meditation I'd ever had!

After that initial experience, I started dancing more frequently and going deeper into the experience. It became clear that this dance would be my way of expressing the Spirit and sharing the Love. Also, the Spirit gave me a name to call this particular dance by: Inner Dance.

It was during this time that I was guided to record some videos of myself dancing to share with others on YouTube. Here is one of the videos if you'd like to watch it now :





For me, the Inner Dance is an expression of being, and an experience of the Now. It is like a deep, slow-moving meditation. It is a way of experiencing Who We Truly Are. It is a time that we offer to ourselves just to be, and to be in The Love. It's like a caress, so soft and so tender. It is a means of slowly and gently allowing any inner blocks to the truth to fall away. It is also a gentle way to listen to and feel the guidance of our heart. In the end, it is something that cannot really be understood through words, but only by actually experiencing it.

Recently, I've begun feeling a strong calling to share the Inner Dance with others both as an inspirational performance, as well as in a workshop format, where I facilitate the participants through their own Inner-Dance experience. In the workshop format, there is a context in which all the emotions are welcome and where afterward, we can share and express anything that came up during the dance.

If you feel inspired to host an Inner-Dance gathering, in which I perform and/or facilitate a workshop, please feel free to contact me via email at sharingloveworldtour@gmail.com.

With Love and Gratitude,
Armelle







No comments:

Post a Comment