Jan 4, 2012

A Course in Miracles Song: It's Only Me

The spiritual journey guides us inward and inward toward a final recognition... an Experience of Awakening to our Divine Nature as the Holy Child of God, first by having us recognize that we've been a slave to our own dream of separation, and then by having us learn to take responsibility for our own state of mind... realizing that everyone and everything that appears to be external to us is actually a projection of our OWN mind's wish to remain separate.  Therefore, I wrote (was Given, rather) this song a while back as a means of expressing these ideas as clearly as possible; reinforcing and maintaining awareness of the fact that no matter who or what I THINK is the cause of my experience... it's only me! 

May this song be an inspiring reminder to you that healing is truly possible through the willingness to take 100% responsibility for our state of mind.

With Peace and Love...
Erik

P.S.  Scroll further down if you want to see the lyrics.




It's Only Me

Everyone that I see… and everything I perceive… is me.    
And now I’m Free.       
And anytime that I believe... that somebody else is the cause of my grief...
I need... to stop and see I am deceived.

Cause it’s only me.   I am the dreamer of this dream. 
I've just gotta learn to see... it’s only me. 
And when I’m afraid, it’s only of thoughts that I have made. 
There’s no one outside to blame… it’s only me.  And I am Free!

Everything that I perceive… are the projections of my false memory. 
There’s no need to ever take any of it seriously.  :-)
Cause all that’s ever seemed to be of time was just a foolish, fictional storyline. 
But I’m learning that it never really happened... except in my mind!

Cause it’s only me.   I am the dreamer of this dream. 
I just gotta learn to see... it’s only me!
And when I’m afraid, it’s only of thoughts that I have made. 
There’s no one outside to blame… it’s only me.  And I am Free. 
Free... in the Innocence that I see!

And everyone that I see… is just a part of myself who longs to be free…
and I know in my heart, yes I know in my heart we can be!
Cause nothing’s in the way… except an insane thought that says I’m full of shame.  But forgiving You is showing me the Innocence in me.  And I'm Free!
I'm Free… in the Innocence I see!

Yes, I’m free to love and I’m free to shine, I’m free to share this Peace of Mind!
'Cause I’m one with you and you’re one with me and we share same Soul eternally! 
But I fell asleep and I dreamed this dream and now I’ve got to take responsibility…
finally!

Cause it’s only me!   I am the dreamer of this dream. 
I just gotta learn to see... it’s only me. 
And when I’m afraid, it’s only of thoughts that I have made. 
There’s no one outside to blame… it’s only me.  And I am Free!

Free… in the Innocence… I see…        

Cause everyone that I see… and everything I perceive… is me.   
And I am...
I Am..
I Am Free.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment