Jan 23, 2013

"UN-spiritual" Hangout with Erik

Here is the 4-hour recording of a Google Hangout I hosted the other day, which I called "UN-spiritual Hangout with Erik".  Here was the original description I posted in the invitation for the event:

<<
One of the primary ego defense mechanisms that has been getting flushed up for me lately is this belief in "spiritual specialness"; the idea that "I am more spiritually advanced than others" or even it's opposite: that I am LESS spiritually advanced than others. But both are merely egoic ways of perceiving which block the awareness of our Perfect Equality as innocent Children of God.

Join me for a laid-back time of simply being together, exposing our "spiritual specialness" thoughts, and giving ourselves permission to be totally "UN-spiritual" together!

Love you!
Erik
>>

The actual session ended up being quite interesting, and it actually lasted 4 hours!  The first hour was full of "lively" conversation and a good opportunity to watch the "I know" mind in action.  Gradually though, the Hangout evolved into a deeper one-on-one exploration with my friend, Blake, about how to practically apply the Course's principles to one's experience of the everyday world.

No comments:

Post a Comment