Feb 8, 2010

Who my brother is

Wow... lots of posts today, from both of us! I don't know what it is - it's like an explosion from within. There's just like this irresistible urge to share with the world! Mostly I feel like if I share it with the world through this blog, that I will be less likely to forget it. That's how we strengthen ideas and learn them ourselves... by sharing them with our brothers and sisters as often as possible until we've learned them perfectly.

Which brings me to the latest profound insight I just had. It is about Who my brother really is. He is not the body or the person I seem to interact with. In fact, the body and the person that I seem to interact with, in truth, have nothing to do with Who my brother really is.

Who my brother really is... is the Mind that is dreaming it is the person I seem to interact with. As I perceive it now, my brother's Mind is like an infinite sphere, whose center is where his body is. And he, as this Infinite Mind, is dreaming that it is this body, having forgotten that it is an Infinite Mind. And the only way I can remember that I, too, am an Infinite Mind, is to remember to always regard him as an Infinite Mind too.

This means remembering that the person I interact with is just the dream character he is believing himself to be. It is an image within his mind. Just like if I were to ask him to imagine a blue tree, and he made a mental picture of a blue tree. The blue tree has just as much reality as the person my brother thinks he is, which is to say that it has NO reality. But it seems to.

One of the tricks of the ego is that it makes some images seem more real than others. It makes the body seem VERY real, and yet makes the blue tree seem only slightly real. You can stop thinking of the blue tree and it disappears. But it seems almost impossible to stop thinking about the body. And yet, it's only a matter of time, which doesn't exist either. The body lasts in awareness seemingly longer than the blue tree, but in Reality, they both existed in Awareness for only one insane instant before disappearing. We cling to the past by keeping that one insane instant in our mind and stretching it over eons, re-playing it and re-playing it over in all its seemingly endless variety of forms... but it's still only a instaneous dream.

And my brother is the Dreaming Mind, as am I. We are Awake now, but choosing to pretend we're still asleep. After all, why end the party so quickly?

Love,
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment